Is self-care as an autistic important? Listen to what Living Positively Autistic columnist, Becca Lory, has to say about the why you must make it a priority.
Here are the highlights of Becca’s video:
What is self-care?
- In health care: it is any necessary human regulatory function which is under individual control, deliberate and self-initiated.
- Basically, it is any activity that you do voluntarily which helps you maintain your physical, mental or emotional health.
Why is self-care important?
- It can help you feel healthy, relaxed and ready to take on your work and responsibilities.
- It recharges you. Giving you more energy to do more and help others.
- It keeps you focused and balanced. Keeps your mind and body communicating.
- It feels good. Happiness.
Where and how of self-care?
- Anywhere and anyway. There is no wrong or right way to take care of yourself.
- It can be big or small. Eating chocolate to adopting a pet.
- Set up a plan to incorporate.
- Hold yourself accountable.
- Have fun.
If you liked this post, you may like: