Do you know what we like about actor Kathy Kinney?
She speaks out about empowerment…
And as Mrs. P…
She’s a literacy champion who inspires kids to have a love of reading through storytelling and creative writing. It’s that time of year for Mrs P’s annual “Be-A-Famous Writer” contest. It gives teachers in K-4 classrooms an opportunity to bring their students together to write about an inspiring topic for a chance to win books and other great resources for their school.
Starting now students around the country are busy writing about their “heroes” for this year’s competition. If you are a parent or teacher to a child in this age group, you should join in the challenge:
- Be-A-Famous Writer contest begins October 15 and ends December 15, 2018
- Winners announced on January 30, 2019
- Find a list of books and technology prizes
- Discover a list of this year’s judges
When we think of heroes, our definition includes our autistic team of creative individuals who openly write and talk about their autism experience. They are changing every stereotype and stigma people use to believe about autism.
We also think of Kathy Kinney who devotes her time and talent to causes that matter.
Who are YOUR heroes?
If you liked this post, you may also like:
- Discovering children’s books written by autistic authors
- Who’s Making a Difference in the World? Let Your Students Write About It!
- Kathy Kinney: MrsP and her Magical On-line Library
Listen to an audio version of this article