Self-Care Ideas for Autistics
We are fortunate to have a team of self-advocates who can express what it’s like to be autistic through their written words. They candidly talk about their challenges and share ways they have learned to accept themselves and take care of their needs.
Living Positively Autistic by Becca Lory
- Make a Promise to Yourself
- The Danger of Yes
- 5 Songs that Lift and Shift My Mood
- What is the Right and Wrong Way to Do Self-Care?
- On Pause: Taking the Time to Recharge
- What are My Perfect Pre-Charge Self-Care Ideas?
- Sensory Processing Disorder: “Working Overtime” by Chloe Rothschild
- Let’s Dare to Speak Up about Meltdowns by Morgan Salisbury
Dealing with Anxiety
- Anxiety and the Pressure Cooker of Life by Megan Amodeo
- Advice from Fellow Autistics on Managing Anxiety by Robert Watkins
- Experiencing the Physical Symptoms of Anxiety by Emma Dalmayne
- Finding Help for Anxiety and Sensory Issues by James Sullivan
Self-Improvement and Advocating
- Where are My Adult Autism Supports, Dammit?! by Becca Lory
- Overcoming Challenges of Black and White Thinking by Becca Lory
- Dealing with Failure is a Learnable Life Skill by Megan Amodeo
- Why Do I Love the Things I Do? by Lydia Wayman
- A Spectrum of Light and Color by Karen McAuley
- Watch self-advocates’ videos on #Activate4Autism
Go back to our Find Autism Resources page