Jodi and Jonathan Murphy are members of Speaking of Difference, a specialist business for the international autism community. It was established by Rebecca Hyder, and is based in Worcestershire, UK. Speaking of Difference showcases some of the huge wealth of talent, creativity and expertise that exists within the international autism community for organizations looking to book speakers for their events.
The two are available for solo or joint speaking engagements. Here is an overview of their speaking topics which can be customized for your specific needs:
Hugging the Hedgehog
Positive, Creative Thinking for Raising a Child on the Autism Spectrum
- Jodi Murphy talks about how she “thinks out-of-the-box for her through-the-cracks kid.”
- How a diagnosis of a high functioning form of autism is a good news, bad news situation.
- Working for, not fighting against her son’s Aspergers Syndrome.
- “I’m unique. I’m a geek.” advocacy for self-acceptance and understanding.
- Presentation can be done solo or with Jonathan Murphy who adds his insights.
Finding My Voice(s): My Autism Journey Towards Independence
- Jodi and Jonathan talk about the journey towards independence from the autistic perspective and parent perspective.
- Presentation can be customized depending upon the audience.
- Q&A session follows the reading and/or a Geek Club Books’ giveaway.
Dorktales Live + Q&A
- Jonathan Murphy’s one man show of Dorktales: “The Three Little…Hogs?!!” – modern remake of the classic Three Little Pigs. Dorkteller Jonathan acts out every character in this hilarious, non-stop physical comedy fairy tale with a geekish twist.
- After the performance, Jonathan answers questions—from parents and children—about life on the spectrum.
- Option to book as a “show only“
- Preview Dorktales Storytime
Other topics include:
- Independent Living as an Adult on the Spectrum
- The Autism Entrepreneur
Jonathan Murphy is an amazing person and entertainer. I have been fortunate to watch Jonathan transform from a silent, isolated boy into a gregarious, engaging and entertaining man. In addition to being a terrific and talented actor, Jonathan is able to fluently, and with humor, describe what it looks and feels like to be a person on the spectrum. Maggie DeLoach, teacher, The Stanbridge Academy
Jodi is a superlative PR and Marketing Professional. Her attention to detail, professionalism is top notch. In recent years, Jodi has devoted herself to incredibly meaningful projects that have a far reaching impact on the philanthropic community. Her latest app is case in point–both Jodi and her uber talented son Jonathan are giving children and adults with needs on the Autism spectrum a voice. Bravo! Stefanie Lingle Beasley, Gentry Magazine
To book a speaking engagement with Jodi and/or Jonathan Murphy, please email Jodi at info [AT] geekclubbooks [DOT] com.