Autism Speakers and Storytellers
What do you, your school or community know about the autism experience? People on the autism spectrum are an essential part of humanity but most people don’t fully understand what Autism Spectrum Disorder means let alone what it’s like to live an autistic life.
At Geek Club Books, we cultivate autistic speakers who are:
- Inspiring storytellers
- Self-confident presenters who speak from the heart
- Witty, engaging, uplifting and relatable
We’re passionate presenters on a variety of autism topics:
- The autism experience from a personal perspective
- Mythbusting common autism myths and stereotypes
- Autism business ideas
- Self-care and ways to thrive
- Moving from awareness to autism acceptance
- Using pop culture to educate and advocate for autism
- Autistic representation in the workplace, communities and Hollywood
Keynotes at Conferences and Conventions
“We really enjoyed having Jonathan and Jodi Murphy in Wisconsin to keynote our Annual Conference in 2018. They were great to work with, extremely prepared, and gave an engaging keynote address to an audience of over 500. Many of our attendees mentioned the keynote as their favorite part of the 3-day conference. I would highly recommend Jonathan and Jodi Murphy as speakers!”
Kirsten Cooper, Executive Director, Autism Society of Wisconsin
Panels at Comic Cons
We’ve been a part of the programming at Comic Cons interested in topics of inclusion, diversity and how to use pop culture for a cause. We talk to audiences about ways to be the superheroes who put an end to the stigma of autism by creating a “culture of acceptance” at their schools and in their communities.
“We had parents, individuals, and educators all asking questions and sharing with each other. It was magical. I had so many nice chats with folks afterwards wanting to volunteer their time and generally being grateful for the representation.”
This video clip from the Fandemic Tour shows one of our panelists talking about his views on autistic representation on television:
Presentations at Companies
“Geek Club Books speakers have an imaginative way of discussing autism that enabled our interns at Kaiser Permanente to further understand how people with autism interact in day to day life.”
Personal Journeys at Autism Schools
“Thank you for sharing your wisdom with our students. They heard key elements of your story that will inform their choices and enrich their capacity to imagine and envision unique possibilities for their own postsecondary paths. Your hour-long talk will likely inform the experience of many in the audience for a lifetime.”
Autism Awareness at Schools and Events
“Geek Club Books raises awareness about autism and disabilities in an entertaining, and relatable way. It utilizes an engaging format that cannot be conveyed in presentations by experts. It promotes disabilities awareness for parents, and provides hope and inspiration in addressing their anxieties, while also fostering more human compassion, appreciation, and respect for individuality, disabilities, and difference.”
Go to our School Visits page for more information on our assemblies and classroom presentations.
Take a look at articles written about our presentations:
- What Autism and Inclusion in the Mainstream Really Mean!
- 8 Comic Con Lessons that Super-Charged Our Advocacy
- 7 Positive Ways to Do Autism Awareness also featured on The Mighty
- Autism Entrepreneurship: Creative Paths to Employment
- What’s so FANtastic about Fandemic Tour?
- 6 Reasons to Cheer from the Autism Society Conference! Also featured on The Mighty
- I Wish the World was a Comic Con
- How Did the Autism Society Conference Inspire Me?
Our website at Geek Club Books is a platform for autistic voices, positive autism advocacy and education, and sharing autism resources we think you’ll want to know about. Here are additional categories we cover and questions we explore:
- How to Find Resources
- What is Autism?
- What is Autism Awareness?
- Autism Myths
- Autism Glossary
- Books by Autistic Authors
- Autistic or Person with Autism?
- Speech and Language
- Autism Business Ideas
- Autistic Self-Care
- Zoom Autism Magazine – Autism through many lenses
- Find great books in our Amazon Book Shop